• One of top three fastest growing states of India.
• Most urbanized state of India.
• First in number of factories—21265.
• One of top three FDI destinations in India.
• Chennai—the largest automobile cluster hub, and poised to become one among world’s top 10 automobile clusters by end of 2010.
• First in number of workers in factories sector—11.14 million.
• Tops among states in job placements through employment exchanges—2.14 lakh in 2009.
• 8 tourist hubs to be developed to boost tourism.
• 40 minor ports, many in the private sector, handle around 80% of cargo handled by all private ports in India.
• Front-runner state in development and privatization of infrastructure.
• Envisages a major water-sports and recreation facility at the unique Loktak lake. Estimated capital cost: Rs 650 lakh.
• Envisages a mix of ethnic tourism and adventure sports in the hilly districts of Ukhrul, Senapati and Tamenglong inhabited by various Naga tribes. Estimated capital cost: Rs 500 lakh.
• Bright prospect for developing cement industries in Manipur. Can be highly beneficial to put up new cement units in the state, at least a 200 tonnes per day plant.
• Integrated industrial estate at BHEL, Haridwar.
• Integrated Industrial Estate at Pantnagar.
• IT Park, Dehradun.
• Pharma City—Selaqui, Dehradun.
• Growth centre at Pauri.
• Integrated industrial estate at Sitarganj.